Saturday, August 21, 2010

Are You In There?

Somedays I find myself guilty of not giving my children my full attention.  I've caught myself trying to complete a task and nodding (but not listening) to what they are saying to me.  I've been guilty of hurrying through things that I should be enjoying with them or being distracted by my computer, my phone, and my to do list. And, sometimes at the end of the day I've found myself lying in bed and wishing I would have loved them a little more, spent a little more time hugging them and laughing with them and teaching them.  Do they know how important they are to me?  Am I loving and listening to them like I should? 

I watched this the other day and it reminded to me to prioritize a little.  My e-mail can wait.  We don't always have to be in a hurry.  I have time to listen and show concern and love....that's why I'm a mom, that's why I'm here.  So, as we head into the weekend I'll take this video as my inspiration.  I'm going to have a great day with my kids.  We have nothing grand planned, but I intend for the day to end with them knowing that I am here and that the are among the most important things in the world as far as I'm concerned.  Today I'll give my mind and my heart and not just my presence.  Enjoy your weekend and love those little kids :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this - it is exactly what I needed. In fact, I hope you don't mind that I am going to post it on my blog. I have also enjoyed your other posts. Very insightful and uplifting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete