Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Everyday Lovin': Brag About Your Husband

Last week I began my Everyday Lovin' Challenge.  The challenge is pretty simple : do something a little extra every week to show your love for your husband.  I'm going for something a little unexpected and fun to make my husband smile and I'll post about it every Wednesday.


My inspiration for this week comes from a story that I heard my husband's grandma Rosalie relate about her marriage.  She says that they had been married for many years.  They had endured loss and happiness, health and illness.  They had lost a child.  Her husband has suffered a stroke but had pulled through.  Life had not always been easy but they had stuck together.  They were at a social event one evening when she overheard someone ask her husband how he and his wife were doing. His response was:


"Oh, Rosalie!  She's the best thing that ever happened to me!" 


 I don't know if he knew she was listening but it didn't matter.  The fact was that hearing him brag about her like that was something that touched her so much that she remembered that moment for years to come. Was Rosalie perfect? NO!  But her husband gave her the gift of focusing on her virtues.


I think one of the best things we can do to show our love is to show our total admiration for our spouse's strengths.  (those good things are, after all, why we married them in the first place right?!)


 So, today I will brag about my husband :) 
And, when I'm done I want you to brag about yours!


My husband...COOKS
This man makes bread. And he lets the kids help him.  He totally loves to try a new recipe or make a beautiful loaf of bread and take it to someone.  At one point he was making bread with the kids every Sunday and delivering it to people.  They would smile at the door and say "tell your wife thank you!"  And he would just nod and smile and never reveal that he is the baker and the one who loves to cook, not me.  He made me look quite domestic :)

My husband...FORGIVES
Whatever it is that we disagree about it he is over it an hour later and will never rehash it again. He doesn't hold grudges and he doesn't point out how many times I've made the same mistake.  Thank goodness.


My husband...TELLS ME HE LOVES ME
Every day.  For thousands of days in row.  Not a day goes by that that he doesn't say it.  And he tells
me I'm beautiful on a regular basis (but not so often that it doesn't seem genuine)

My husband...GIVES ME FREEDOM
He doesn't tell me what to do or how to do things.  He wants me to pursue my dreams and my friendships and my develop my talents.  He wants me to be happy and he tries to support me in whatever I'm working on...anything from training for a 10k to doing this blog. He's my cheerleader. (Except I don't know if he wants to be called a cheerleader....maybe a manly fan section)


My husband...
PLAYS WITH THE KIDS, AND THANKS ME FOR DINNER, AND PRAYS WITH ME EVERY NIGHT, AND HAS CUTE LITTLE WRINKLES AND DIMPLES WHEN HE SMILES .....I LOVE HIM.


Now it's your turn.  Go ahead, brag about your husband.  Tell us what's so great about him.  Leave me a comment.  Or, even better, do a whole post about him on your blog and then link it with the linky below so we can all read it!  Or you could write something nice on Facebook!  Whatever you can think of to let people know what you love about him.  Or, just do something else to show your husband you love him then let us in on it. A little extra love can go a long way. Remember the quote "In marriage the little things are the big things!"  I can't wait to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Love your post! I'm enjoying reading about your "everyday lovin'" ideas but I haven't had a chance to start it yet with my husband. I have a similar situation in that my husband likes to cook and I don't. He works long hours so that I can stay home with our 2 year old son, and when he comes home he helps out where needed. He loves me unconditionally and also tells me on a daily basis that he loves me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiration posting ! Thank you, I need to "happen" upon your web page. I have an "Everyday" Husband ! He may not always drive way into town to get me a gift for such and such. But "Everyday" my car is full of fuel, bills are paid, yard is sprayed for weeds, trash is taken out, holds my hand on the way to church, sits with his arm around me,kisses me in front of kids. The list goes on and on. But the point is "Everyday". So for Christmas, I found a simple sign that reads "Everyday Counts" and he know that I mean that for him. We just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary! Thanks for the reminder to love him!

    ReplyDelete